Mikulov Chateau

Former Liechtenstein and later Dietrichstein castle, standing on the cliff, has been a significant landmark of Mikulov for several centuries. Originally a landlord castle was enfeoffed to the Liechtenstein family by Přemysl Otakar II. in 1249. They were replaced by the Dietrichsteins in the late 16th century. During their rule, after the fire in 1719, the chateau got its current appearance. In 1945, the retreating German army burned the chateau to the ground, but thanks to efforts of the Association for Restoration of the Mikulov Chateau, it was repaired in the 1950's. The most interesting parts of the chateau include the library and the hall of the ancestors. Today, the chateau is the seat of the headquarters of Regional Museum in Mikulov and there are several interesting exhibitions.

Working hours

Photo Gallery

zamek-4.jpg zamek-3.jpg zamek-2.jpg zamek-1.jpg

AdmirorGallery 4.5.0, author/s Vasiljevski & Kekeljevic.